Friday, January 9, 2009

Sitting on the deck of a cruise ship

Woke this morning with a dream of being on a cruise. It was the 2nd or 3rd day and I was savoring the moment in the most profound way. When I woke, I wondered how I could do that same, deep relishing of the present—the feeling I have when on vacation-- in my daily life. Part of the challenge is that I am always striving, which pulls me out of that sacred savoring.

Is it the effect of the dream that all morning I’ve felt like I’m on a cruise? Very strange and wonderful. I’m not closing my eyes, so I do see the snowy streets out the window, but over that scene I’m looking at rolling waves and endless blue. It is quite fantastic to take that kind of vacation today and to relearn peace and contentment. © Lewis-Barr 2009
No more to read on this post. Even though Blogger says

1 comment:

cruise ship crew said...

The movie heart break kid had this term for those who would love to be on vacation all the time, they call them "perma vacationers" something like permanent vacationers. And you can also do this, one option is to build your own shop or business in tourist spots or get your own cruise ship jobs. One of the best career out there.