Friday, June 26, 2009

Blind But Now I See

How can I be so blind to my own personality?

I am almost 50 years old and yet it was only yesterday that I more fully saw and understood the “gold” in my shadow.

I’m feisty. Competitive. Ambitious. Painfully honest (sometimes). These qualities give me tremendous drive and passion. They also can seem “not very nice.” Especially for a woman.

Yesterday I “got it.” How I’ve “split off” those “not good” parts of myself. How much more powerful would I have functioned, as a theatre director/producer, if I had embraced these traits, instead of driving them underground?

How do we discover the truth about our own nature?

For me, it has been the willingness to keep an open mind, to watch outer events, and to pray for guidance. I’m fascinated and overwhelmed by how God, the Unconsious, the High Self (whatever name you use), eventually brings the hidden to light.

All mysteries are slowly revealed. All oppositions ultimately transform themselves into (unforeseen) solutions.© 2009 Laura Lewis-Barr all rights reserved
No more to read on this post. Even though Blogger says

1 comment:

Roger said...

You may enjoy this...

http://www.kenwilber.com/editor/nbshadow.pdf